Our key aim is to help you to a healthy and successful pregnancy, through the treatment that is suited. By customising care to suit your needs, we can increase the chances of success, by utilising the latest, safest and most effective treatments.
- Detailed basic fertility assessments for women and their partners
- Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgical Intervention (in collaboration with other colleagues specialists in the field)
- Ovulation Induction (OI) for PCOS, no ovulation and irregular ovulation.
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
- Complementary Therapy
- Menstrual irregularity
- Menopause and transitional period
- Pre Pregnancy Care and preparing for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy child
- Cryopreservation of embryos and later transfer
- Pre-implantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy (PGT-A); previously called preimplantation genetic screening (PGS).
- Egg Donation
- Fertility Preservation of eggs and embryos.
- Pre-implantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy (PGT-A; previously PGD).
- Egg Donation
- Fertility Preservation
- Complementary Therapy
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Recurrent miscarriage
Choosing to undergo any kind of fertility treatment is a big decision for any individual or couple to make, and visiting Dr Talha Shawaf at the Harley Street Reproductive Medicine Clinic you will receive expert advice and professional support to make the process as simple and stress-free as possible. We understand that your life doesn’t stop when you are receiving treatment.
Whether you are looking to gain some initial advice or you have undergone treatment before, Dr Talha Shawaf will help you to begin your journey towards beginning or growing your family, and will be on hand throughout the process to guide you with compassion and care.
If you are trying for a baby and want to give yourself the best possible chance of conceiving – and of having a healthy baby – pre-conception care can provide the good foundation that you need for a successful pregnancy. It is important for women to have tests done in pregnancy, prior to conception.
Advice on vitamin supplements as folic acid is important to start when starting to plan for a pregnancy.
Women may have tests:
- Rubella immunity
- Chicken Pox (Varicella) immunity
- Blood Group and Rh
- Cervical smear if not done in last 3 years
- Thyroid function test
- Other tests dependent on the individual medical and family history.
Couples with a risk of familial hereditary diseases require reassurance about the risks of passing on these conditions.
Switching to a healthier diet and taking better care of your body are just two of the ways you can prepare for pregnancy, and this pre-pregnancy care isn’t just for women. Men too can benefit from pre-conception care, and by making a few simple changes. Both partners can help to improve the chances of having a healthy baby.
Miscarriage and Recurrent Miscarriage care
At HSRM you will receive a considerate and supportive approach to manage your medical problem and plan for future conception.
Evidence based medical approach is selected for the investigation and treatment of recurrent miscarriage (RM), in the briefest pertinent time to reach a plan for care.
We aim to select with you a
We help some of our patients to become pregnant with our basic fertility advice and treatments. These can be ranging from advise on health and natural conception.
If there is a need, we help you to select the right treatment for your individual needs and that, whichever treatment you undergo with us, we will be there throughout your journey to manage the care and support you.
Hystero salpingo contrast sonography (HyCoSy) and Saline Sonography (SIS)
We can also complete a pelvic ultrasound examination of the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes to discover the source of a fertility problem. This is recognised as the most cost effective first-line test for women to undergo when they are having difficulty conceiving.
- Hep B surface antigen
- Hep B core antibodies (total)
- HIV 1&2
- Day 1-3 of cycle FSH, estradiol and AMH
- Embryo transfer trial (mock)
- Integrated healthcare
Integrated healthcare involve taking opinion and referral to other specialists and practitioners, giving you the opportunity to derive the benefits not just of one specialty but also of a number of treatments combined in a holistic programme that supports unique needs.